Wednesday, February 23, 2011

{ 30 } One Sweet Birthday!

My friend Dana turned 30. You might remember her from this post. We had a little par-tay for her which commenced at a fabulous place Bailey's Chocolate Bar in Lafayette Square. Dana was presented with a flashing 30 button to wear, a tiara, and a boa (which we will be discussing later). Some really fabulous people showed...some I managed to photograph, others not so much. What can I say, I was so excited about the possibility of chocolate and having fun that I forgot to photograph some of the important things. At the very least, I'm glad Dana turned 30 so that we could have cause to celebrate!


Gotta love musical, talking cards. 


So to the story of the boa. I thought it would a brilliant idea to bring a black boa for Dana to wear. Unfortunately the dye on the boa began rubbing off onto Dana's hands and she wiped her brow a couple of times. All of a sudden, my husband yells, "Dana! You're face is black!" Which we were all like, "WHAT?!" And sure enough...


So she of course had to adjust her make-up and immediately remove the boa. And voile ... all better! 


Then came the food...my salad was delicious. I'm just sayin'. 


Then came the group shot of the "MO-Bap girls"...taken by my husband. The first shot is of me yelling at him to stop shaking the camera. He was pretending he was a fashion photographer. Only he was moving the camera all around. I had it set on a very slow shutter speed. What followed provided a few moments of laughter.


And this would have been a great picture of Kelly if someone, not mentioning any names, hadn't tried to fist bump another person. Boys. *sigh*


Dana and Renee: February birthday girls. Aren't they just fabulous? 
 Then came the dessert. I'm just going to say it. I like photographing food. 


And in the words of Aaron, my better half, "This dessert is so good it would make you wanna slap your mama." 


Every party needs a comedian. I'm lucky enough to be married to this one.


And where should one adjourn to after such a wonderful time, why Starbucks of course. 


Every time we get together with Dana and Jason, Dana and Aaron always have these in depth discussions or talk about senseless, useless knowledge. This time was no exception. Here they are discussing the plight of the bog men of ireland. Thank goodness someone had a smart phone. 


After too much chocolate and too much caffeine, we said our goodbyes in the cold February night. Happy Birthday, Dana! You are one amazing friend!

4 comments:

  1. i am such a nerd! and you are so awesome!!!!!!! love you, tobs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobi,
    It was too fun! Thanks so much for everything! Rock on, Bog Men of Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks, Renee. Love you too!

    Dana...no problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm...all those desserts look so good. The salad too, looks like some sort of gorgonzola-walnut mixture thing, my favorite! Happy Birthday to your friend! Your blog is looking really fab!

    ReplyDelete