Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Valedictorian

I had the honor of attending a high school graduation at my alma mater this weekend. The place still looks the same. My name is still in the speech and drama trophy case and my class photo is up on the wall. I have left my mark even if it was 11 years ago. And 11 years was exactly the age I was when the Valedictorian of Cassville High School's 2010 graduating class was born. I can remember her mama popping tums while teaching my Sunday school class. When I was a teenager, her father was my youth pastor. It was during those times where Amy would pretend she was me. At one point, I can remember her mom saying that she wanted to be just like me. Well, Amy, let me just say you have surpassed me in so many ways! I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished! I am so glad I was able to attend your graduation and get these fabulous photos of amazing you. You are going to rock at U of A!!!

From each loyal son and daughter, Dear Cassville High,
Thou hast taught us more than yearning 
With bright hopes our hearts are burning
Oft in dreams we'll be returning 
To Cassville High
(Yeah, that's right, I still remember the alma mater.)

No comments:

Post a Comment