Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I have the greatest husband in the world ... yeah, that's right. I had the best Mother's Day Weekend. It started Friday night with dinner at Pei Wei and then a trip to the camera store on Friday night, where I purchased a new flash for my camera. YAY!!  Then we came home, and he allowed me to practice with my new flash.
Then Saturday morning, I was told to get out of the kitchen while he worked his creative genius. He made breakfast! After attending a birthday party, we went to the mall and to Target, and he didn't complain one time about shopping. He abhors shopping and generally avoids it like the plague. I love this picture of him and our girl outside of Target.
We then stopped by the grocery store. I ran inside to get hamburger and buns so that we could grill out ... just the three of us. Apparently while I was inside the store, my husband told our daughter that we were going to play in the backyard when Mommy came out of the store. The night before he had let her play in the very back seat of our Pilot while I was inside the camera store. So when I came out and got in the car and we drove off, we could not figure out why she all of sudden started crying profusely saying, "I wanna play in the back yard!" We thought she wanted me in the back with her. So we stopped the car and I rode in back with her. But that didn't dry the tears. Finally, we figured out that she was mixed up the backyard and backseat. She thought when I came out of the store we were going to play in the back of the Pilot. Poor thing. Doesn't this just break your heart? 

But everything turned out okay because she likes the backyard as well. :) We played while Daddy grilled.


 Then after we ate Daddy gave her a bath ... or did she give Daddy a bath?!
Then Sunday morning on Mother's Day, I awoke to this delicious breakfast! It was yummy!
 We went to church. I sang In My Daughter's Eyes (originally recorded by Martina McBride). Yeah, I didn't make it through the song without crying. The last line of the song says, "When I'm gone, I hope you'll see how happy she made me, for I'll be there in my daughter's eyes." She does make me so very, very happy. I love this little girl with all my heart. 
 See what I mean ... I've got an awesome husband. But now the bar has been set...I've gotta start working on Father's Day. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend. I love all the pictures, especially her blue eyes! She is such a pretty girl, like her mamma.

    ReplyDelete