Wednesday, April 3, 2013

{My Family} Happy Easter 2013

This Easter was a bit difficult for me. It was the first Easter without Mom. I was remembering last Easter. My mom was very ill, really too ill to be going out anywhere, but she had to go to the store because we all needed Easter baskets. So I took her to Walgreens where she painstakingly picked special items for each one of us. Aaron got his pistachios and Haribo gummy bears. My basket was filled with peanut butter M&Ms and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Audrie had a smorgasbord of items which included her staple of M&Ms. On Easter 2011, Mom put a stuffed bunny in Audrie's Easter basket. Since Mom has passed, Audrie has been attached to that bunny. She often says it's her favorite because Gramma gave it to her for Easter. She sleeps with it. Bunny rides to school with us. And this Sunday Bunny most definitely had to go to church with us. We missed Mom/Gramma on this Easter. So grateful for the holiday traditions she gave to us. She certainly knew how to make every holiday special. Her presence was missed but felt very strongly.

Mom and Audrie on Audrie's second Easter. 

This is an Instagram picture of Audrie and Bunny taken with my iPhone just before we left for church.

We woke up Sunday morning to Mattie's first Easter and overflowing Easter baskets. Audrie, always the expressive one, was very excited about all the goodies. Mattie was just happy to play with her princess Little People (and big sister wanted to play with them as well). 


We dressed the girls in their beautiful dresses and were off to church. 

I love these sweet images of Mattie and her daddy. 

Mattie's first Easter egg hunt! She just wanted to eat the eggs and take the eggs back out of the basket after they had already been put in. 

 The night before, Audrie had told me, "Mom, I'm very excited about Easter tomorrow. It's the day we celebrate Jesus. He arose from the dead on Easter. He's going to be my partner in the egg hunt tomorrow. He's going to help me find the eggs with all the good candy He knows I like." She was very excited when she came out of her egg hunt, exclaiming, "Mom, I found the golden egg!" 

I so badly wanted to get pictures of the girls together on Easter in their beautiful dresses. I don't mean to brag, but I am seriously enamored with my children. I know I'm biased, but I sometimes can't help but stare at them and think, "I have been blessed with two beautiful girls." I was so pleased with how these turned out. I grabbed a chair and took the girls out into our front yard. We had a quick five-minute session. Mattie was not having it! But I love the images anyway. And Miss Audrie! The girl may be coming around after all! She hardly ever enjoys getting her picture taken. Lately, she's been eating up the camera, and I'm loving it! These next pictures make me beam from ear to ear! Love my girls!!! 



Hope your Easter was as great as ours! 


No comments:

Post a Comment