Friday, February 8, 2013

{My Family} F-I-V-E

You'll have to excuse me for a moment while I get a little sentimental. Five years ago, I gave birth to the sweetest baby girl. When they placed her in my arms, I could not believe how beautiful she was. She was absolutely perfect in every possible way. I thought my heart would burst with love.


These past five years, she has filled our life with lots of laughter and kept us moving. I wish I could get in her mind for a day. She is so smart and funny. Daily she says something that either astounds me, makes me belly laugh, or die of embarrassment. She is not discriminate in shelling out love. She will hug a complete stranger (*gasp*). She's so creative, always working on a "project." She's a princess at times but is not above playing in a good pile of dirt. She wants to be a pediatrician, artist, and singer at church when she grows up. Her favorite color is pink. She loves to read. Maybe that's why she has such a big imagination. Have I mentioned what a great big sister she is?! Her little sister absolutely loves her. No one can make her belly laugh more.

We started her birthday out with a party at preschool. She wanted to make sure I brought Zebra Cakes because those were the ones that her friends liked best. And we had to read Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree because that was the students' favorite. 

I love how excited her friend is that she blew out all the candles! :)

Then it was time for her Monkey Joe's party. It was all she could think about for weeks! I got her all dressed and fixed her hair. I tried to get a few shots of her before we left for the party, but she was nearly too excited. 

Finally! It was party time! The party started at 5 to give the kids who could get there extra time to play. Naturally, some of them showed up after 5. So she sat in her chair in the party room singing to herself. I said, "Get out there and play! We paid for you to jump around!" She said, "Oh, right. You paid for me to jump around not sit and sing in my party room!" And then off she went. :) 


I think before the night was over, the birthday girl had worn herself plum out! 

I love my sweet five year old! I'm so happy she's mine and am so proud to be her mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment