Thursday, February 4, 2010

2 Years Ago - Today

On February 4, two years ago, my husband and I were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first born child. She wasn't due for 3 more weeks. I was extremely comfortable for a pregnant woman. I wasn't yet screaming, "Get this kid out of me!" It was a Monday evening. We sat on the couch next to each other, discussing what we thought our precious baby girl would look like. I said, "I don't think she's going to have any hair because I haven't had any heartburn." I had heard through the grapevine that women who deliver babies with a head full of hair will most certainly have major heartburn. We took video of my belly moving all over the place. And then I took these silly pictures of myself.


Little did we know that in less than 24 hours, we would know what that little baby girl looked like! We had an eventful day. My husband and I met at the hospital for a tour of labor and delivery and a routine 37-week ultrasound. I gracefully slipped on a patch of ice and fell in the parking lot on my stomach. After I had worn a belly monitor for a while and drank some sugar-laced orange juice, the baby began moving all around, and it was determined that the baby was fine. I was whisked away to the routine ultrasound. We were excited to take a glimpse of our little angel. The technician placed the ultrasound wand on my belly and said the words This doesn't look good. Unfortunately, the baby was breach, and little or no amniotic fluid was left for her to swim in. So .... I went back down to labor and delivery and about 6 hours later (after the OJ was out of my system), I had a c-section. As my husband saw our daughter for the first time, he exclaimed, "She has a head full of hair!!"

Our first family photo!!!

Awww ... sweet precious memories!!! Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!! I can't believe you're already 2!!!! I love you more than words can say.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't know that she was breech too and that you had a c-section! IT seems a lot more common than they tell you. I also can't believe she's two already! Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love C-sec pics! Baby Girl looks so tiny! :)

    ReplyDelete